Friday, April 3, 2009

And we are on our way

Exciting updates are happening everyday with my journey toward a PhD. I have been selected to work at the Younkin Success Center at OSU. I will be teaching a course through the Walter E. Dennis Learning Center to students who are struggling to make the transition from high school to college. The course examines a number of motivation and organization issues students face. I am really looking forward to working with the students and learning as much as I can from Dr. Tuckman, the man who wrote the course. His passions appear to align well with mine and I hope to learn as much as I can from him in the next couple years.

I am also signed on for a pilot research study of charter schools. My research team will be studying schools in Dayton under the leadership of Drs. Ann Allen and Michael Glassman. They are also full of knowledge and enthusiasm. I am currently looking for research on civic engagement in regards to charter schools. I haven't actively researched in awhile and I am a bit overwhelmed at the moment. The type of research I need is very different than the kind I look for when I am writing an article for the paper or preparing a presentation. I am hoping to get some direction from Dr. Glassman next week to help me figure out how to hone my research.

No comments:

Post a Comment